One-Day Silent Retreats
2021 Dates to be Determined or Upon Request
Have you longed for a sacred day dedicated to feeding your soul? That’s the focus of each of these one-day Silent Retreats. You can do any solo activity that feeds your soul in silence, like:
- Take Dictation from Grace
- Listen to a podcast or music (by yourself)
- Watch a video (by yourself)
- Yoga: by yourself anytime, or on Friday or Saturday take a class
- Walk along the river
- Sit on the deck and take in the confluence of the Mississippi and Illinois rivers
Of course you can take a silent day at home, but many of you have told me that you get easily distracted if you stay home.
You may take the entire day in silence and solitude, or you may join Sandy for what follows below:
“Silent” Retreat activities offered by Educare (both are optional)
- Coaching session with Sandy Wilder: optional (1 hour max). This could be combined with a walk, or split into two meetings at the beginning and end of the retreat.
- “Listening Walk” with Sandy and any who want to join him: optional. In the mid-afternoon, we will drive 15 minutes to Pere Marquette State Park to take a hike on one of the trails. We will be in silence except for when someone may speak when they notice something in nature that is a metaphor for life. They can briefly describe what they see and share the metaphor. No one will respond verbally to them. We will return to silence. (maximum time including driving = 2.5 hours)
Educare Unlearning Institute
711B Wind Rivers
Grafton, IL 62017
You can arrive at and leave Educare within these hours (your choice):
- 7:00 a.m.—10:00 p.m.
Maximum Number of Retreat Participants
- Six (no minimum)
Fruit, nuts, and sweets will be available all day and night, as will water, tea and coffee. You can also bring your own food, or we will order lunch and/or dinner from a near-by restaurant and bring it back to Educare to eat (in silence).
You may want to stay at Educare the night before and/or after to maximize your quiet time. At Educare we have two long twin beds in a bedroom (and one air bed that can be blown up in the media room). Fee = $30/night/person.
You can also stay in Grafton, Elsah, Alton, or St. Louis to dedicate more time to inspired solitude.
Preparation and Logistical information will be sent upon Registration.
Registration: You need to register for EACH One-Day Silent Retreat by clicking the above button.
The Educare Unlearning Institute has a discounted sliding scale for all our offerings in an effort to keep our courses affordable to a wide range of people. We set forth no criteria and trust that each individual will pay what he/she feels is appropriate.
Discounted Sliding Scale of $135–$85/ per day/person. You choose the amount within that range. Payment information is at: http://educareunlearning.com/donations/
The fee includes an optional coaching session with Sandy, and optional Listening Walk with Sandy and others, a continental breakfast, and drinks and snacks throughout the day. Lunch and/or dinner is on your own.
The fee for staying at Educare is $30/night.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than two weeks before the program date, your full paid fee will be refunded, less a $25 processing fee. If you cancel within two weeks of the program date, a $50 fee per retreat day is charged, unless there is a waiting list and your spot is filled.